Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling!!!

Okay, so now that mommy has seen it with her own two eyes....three times today, by the way, it's official! I have mastered the roll from my belly to my back! I actually rolled over for the first time about 2.5 weeks ago but mommy kinda missed it. She saw the before (me on my belly) and the after (me on my back) but she missed the actual rolling action. Mommy was organizing in my closet while I was playing with toys on my bedroom floor....and rolling!!!! :) She didn't believe I had actually rolled over since she didn't see it and she was playing mind games with herself all day wondering if she really put me on my belly or if she put me on my back. The next day daddy had me on my belly while mommy was running on the treadmill and guess what! I rolled over for daddy...and mommy missed it again. So for the past two weeks, mommy has been putting me on my belly and cheering me on to roll over and though I got very close many times, I just couldn't make it all the way over...until today!!! And boy did I make mommy happy when I finally rolled over for her!!! :)

Another good thing I should note today....mommy took me to visit my soon to be sitter, Suzy. Suzy is such a very nice lady and she already loves me so much. She has a great house with lots of toys and a big, fenced in back yard filled with toys which I can't wait to play with! Mommy has been taking me to visit Suzy for little periods of time a couple days a week over the past couple weeks so Suzy and I get to know each other. I haven't been the happiest when we have visited Suzy's. I pretty much have the "pout" mastered. When I see a strange face or a strange place, I stick out my bottom lip and then usually follow that up with some tears. So when we would get to Suzy's, I would do my "pout" and fuss in Suzy's arms. Now that I have seen Suzy a few times, I decided to be happy in Suzy's arms today and I actually even cuddled with her a little! :) This also made mommy very happy!!!

No comments: