Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day weekend in Dayton - Saturday Feeding the Ducks and Partying with Family!!

We went to visit Gammy and Poppy in Dayton for the long Labor Day weekend and to celebrate mommy's birthday! We arrived mid-afternoon Friday and were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Poppy who had the day off that day! We had a great evening Friday, playing at Gammy and Poppy's neighborhood park and just hanging out!

Saturday, we spent the morning feeding the ducks at the pond and playing at the park. I love Gammy and Poppy's ducks because they are very friendly, the friendliest ducks I've met! They have literally eaten the bread from my hand. They hang out right next to my feet and wait patiently for me to drop them a piece of bread. With all the duck feeding I've done this summer, my word, "duck," has become clearer and clearer and so has my "quack, quack!"

My very good friends, Mr. and Mrs. Duck and Family

Throwing them bread.

As you can see, it doesn't go real far hence the need for the ducks to hang out right next to my feet.

Here duckies!

The ducks swimming in the pond....

coming for more food.

Feeding the other ducks from the bridge.

My Gammy's helping me!
Later in the day, Saturday, we went to a family party. My 2nd cousin is in the Marines and is going to Afghanistan so our family got together for a little party before he left. At the party, I was able to play with my 3rd cousin, Rylan, who is just a couple weeks older than me.
He showed me his bike.
And I admired his tires!
Then I showed him my mower!

We played at the park, next to the shelter, ate yummy food, and were able to spend time with alot of mommy's other family members! I should also mention we saw approximately a million trucks (aka "bubba's) on our way to and from the party!
Mr. Stud, himself, wearing mommy's sunglasses!

LOVE my mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: