Thursday, September 17, 2009

Block Party 2009!

Our neighborhood block party was last weekend and while daddy went down to party in Columbus, mommy and I stayed home to party.....well, in our neighborhood! And PARTY we did!!!


Well rested after a good nap and all dressed up!

Hanging out with my great neighbors, Grace and Sam, waiting for the festivities to begin!

The block party began with a bike parade!
I was in my wagon but then wanted out so I could clap for all the kids on their bikes!
We had a balloon maker and magician (though he didn't get to do his magic because everyone wanted balloons)!

I was waiting patiently for my turn....
and waiting......
and watching.....

all of the other kids get their balloons.....
and waiting......

still so patiently and so ADORABLY! I finally got my balloon. A DUCK, of course! QUACK, QUACK! (Which mommy failed to get a picture of because she was too concerned with keeping me from squeezing and popping it)!

Then the Aurora ambulance came to visit! I saw it coming before it even turned the corner and took off running, looking over my shoulder every now and then telling ma-ma to hurry!
The ambulance was so cool!

Then, the Aurora fire truck came!!! It was like icing on the cake!

I checked out all of the neat things on the fire truck. Here are the jaws of life.

I was showing one of our neighbors, Dave, the ambulance and fire truck!

The wheels were especially exciting because they were so big!
It's not a party without corn hole!
I had beginner's luck!
And a playmate!

I put all of the bags in the hole!

And looked for them underneath!

It was time for the ambulance and fire truck to leave, so I waved good-bye as they drove off honking their horns!

Before the party was over, I won a hula-hoop contest, maybe because I was the only contestant!

I found the hula-hoops to be quite entertaining!




No comments: