Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weekend in Columbus - Boo at the Zoo!!!

Sunday, was a beautifully sunny day (though a little chilly early) so we headed to the Columbus Zoo for Boo at the Zoo!!! I got dressed in my Halloween costume which is a duck!!! I am a natural at "Quacking" so this costume fits me perfectly!

After a short drive, we arrived!

We got packed up in the wagon and headed in to the zoo!

Cousin Addison is going to be the cutest ladybug around this Halloween!

And me, well, the most handsome duck around, of course!
We stopped for a quick picture with Mr. Jack-o-lantern!
Then said hello to the Flamingos!
The monkey!
The Gorillas! The Gorillas were soooo cool! They were very interactive and were even giving us kisses through the glass!


Aunt Kristi gave them a kiss back!
Next, we saw the Bonobo's! We arrived just in time for lunch! Though, we passed! It's a little deceiving....they really aren't eating Wheat Thins and Oatmeal, it's actually carrots and lettuce in empty boxes!
They were sooo interesting to watch though....I was in awe!

This is the baby Bonobo (munching on a carrot)!

Excuse my invasion of Mr. Bonobo's privacy but their "bottoms" were very "unique" (to put it nicely), I just had to show you!
This Bonobo was the smart one of the group. He gathered all of his food and hid it under the hay on a slide! He would secretly go to it, uncover it, grab a piece and quickly cover it back up again!

Next we rode the horses!



Looking for mommy! "WHOA, these horses go fast!"
We ended at the aquarium where we saw lots of fish and received a few pieces of candy (and a little bag of pretzels)! Mommy gave me the pretzels and guess who got the candy! :) Thanks for keeping me healthy mommy!
Unfortunately, the Zoo led us to the end of our fun weekend! The time to say good-bye to everyone came too quick! We had a great time though and always look forward to next time! I asked for Addie (and continue to 4 days later) a gazillion times. I know it breaks my mommy's heart but she puts a smile on her face and says, "Addie's at her home, sweet boy (that's me!), but we'll see her very soon!" I will just be that much more excited to see her again since I have to wait!

No comments: