Saturday, October 17, 2009

"No!"

Mommy and daddy have been wondering when this day was going to come and have been holding their breath waiting to see just how much I would like saying it. The day arrived on my 18-month birthday. Mommy put green beans on my tray and I simply said, "No" in the sweetest, most innocent voice! Though mommy was very surprised by the word that just came out of my mouth (mommy thought that I would never tell her "no"....silly mommy!) she was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't kicking, screaming, and crying as I said it. Though most of the time mommy thought I would never say "no," every now and then when she came down from "cloud 9" she thought that if I did start to say "no," I would be crying, throwing myself on the floor, and screaming "noooooo!"

So now that I know how to say, "no", I say it when mommy wants to change my diaper, wants me to eat something I don't want to, and says it's time to go night-night and I'm not quite ready (just to name a few)!

No comments: