Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Great-Grandpa's 90th Birthday Party!

Saturday afternoon and evening was the big birthday bash for my great-grandpa. You would never know by looking at him or talking to him or watching his daily routine that he was turning 90. Maybe all of his wonderful children and many, many, many (I should probably keep going on with my "many's"..... see the pictures below..but it's getting to be past my bed time) grandchildren and great-grandchildren have kept him young! He is a wonderful man who has been so blessed. He has had a healthy life (for the most part) and has probably laughed more and has made more people laugh than even the best comics. He is full of stories, smiles, and laughs! He has experienced the love of 9 wonderful children and too many grandchildren and great-grandchildren to count! And of course, his wonderful wife of 61 years. Blessed, so blessed! And he is more than deserving of every single one of these blessings. He was a hard working man for most of his life providing for his large family and his wife. He is an excellent husband who loves his wife more than anything. He is a tremendous father who should be so proud of how wonderful his children turned out. And he is a wonderful grandfather who has entertained and loved more children than most grandfather's could dream of! Blessed!

Let the celebration begin!!!

The wonderful man himself!

It's not a birthday without balloons!
And boy, were they fun!
Once again, "oh, the simple things that entertain!"

And entertain!!!

Da-da was happy to see the bowling pins and even happier to see that I was interested in them!

"So this one goes where, da-da?"
Watching and learning from the big kids!
One of my cute, sweet little cousins from Texas found a comfy seat on the basketball. You probably could have guessed she was from Texas, all bundled up in her coat on a beautiful fall day in Ohio. This was winter to her!

Some of the boys shooting hoops!

I loved watching them with da-da!

My great-grandpa with "most" of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. See why I could have said "many" about a thousand more times!
Enjoying a cookie that my great-aunt, Bec, (who I hesitate to call my "great" aunt b/c she's too young to be a "great") snuck me!

Giving ma-ma a look like "please don't take it away, ma-ma, I know I'm not suppose to have it, but it is SOOOOO GOOD!"

And another "look" while holding on tight with both hands.

Enjoying the last few bites!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you are just going to have to let me know when you will allow Noah a bunch of sweets. Aunt Lori will make him a whole 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies all for himself at that point:)

Love ya:),
Lori