Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh my gosh mommy is sooo excited!! She wanted me to tell you this right away!!!

I just took an hour and a half nap in my crib!!! That is one of my longest daytime naps (except for my 2 car seat naps I already told you about)...but it is by far my longest nap in my crib! Mommy has put me in my crib a few times to nap to help me get use to it because I will be moving from mommy and daddy's bedroom to my nursery to sleep sometime soon. Usually when mommy put me in my crib I would wake up as soon as she layed me down or sometimes I would stay asleep but only for 15 or 20 minutes. Beside the fact that mommy wants me to get use to sleeping in my crib mommy is also trying to get me on a "schedule." Aunt Kristi told mommy about this book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. The book talks about how important it is for a child to be well rested. The author of the book is a pediatrician and he says that it is so important for a child to be well rested....this helps them be a happier child, a healthier child, and also helps the child better succeed in school (we're not there yet....but it's never to early to start)! Basically sleep deprivation harms children greatly in all aspects of their little lives and their little bodies so it's very important to start good sleep habits from the beginning. Mommy just got the book yesterday and she has only read a few pages but right now for my age it says I should not be awake for longer than a two hour span at a time. When I am, I will get overly tired and have trouble trying to sleep later in the day and/or at night. So mommy fed me around lunch time, then she took me upstairs to my nursery, swaddled me, rocked me, turned my mobile on, and put me in my crib to sleep. And that is just what I did...for an hour and a half!!! :) Mommy had the monitor practically attached to her hip wondering why I had not made a peep. She was tempted to come up and check on me. When I woke up she told me how proud she was of me!!! I will keep you posted on how I continue to do on my "schedule" and in my crib!

Here are a few pictures of me practicing in my crib (these were from the other day though):


No comments: