Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weekend in Columbus!

Following our vacation in Dayton, mommy and I headed over to Columbus that Friday (where daddy met us) for the weekend! We had a fun-filled weekend (as usual) and I had THE BEST TIME playing with my cousin, Addie! I spent the majority of the weekend driving Addie around in her Barbie Jeep!!! After that weekend, I did so much driving that I just about perfected the steering aspect of driving! Mommy is SOOOOO happy because previously when I would drive my Caddy at home, mommy would have to walk next to me as I drove and help me steer (while at the same time trying not to run over her own feet). This was becoming more and more challenging for mommy as she has become more and more pregnant....so thank goodness, I taught myself how to steer and just in time!!!!!!

In between driving the Barbie Jeep, we found time to go to the lake (which is literally just around the corner from Aunt Kristi's house). Addie and I had so much fun playing in the sand and jumping right into the lake without any hesitation!








We fit right in........we are both little fishies!!!!!
We also decorated a birthday cake for Grandpa Sacksteder since we were spending Saturday evening celebrating his 60th! Addie is an ole' pro at cake decorating but this was my first time and boy, did I have fun!
Of course, the best part was tasting the icing!
Addie is showing me how to spread the icing.

Next, adding a few sprinkles.
Or, ALOT of sprinkles!!!
After waiting ALL day (and practicing singing Happy Birthday alot), we finally got to sing and blow out the candles with grandpa!
AND....eat the cake!!! Yep, I dug right in!!!!!
After dinner, we lit a few sparklers (another first for me)!

The next day, we had some maternity pictures taken!!! Stay tuned!

No comments: