Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation in Dayton - Summer 2010

Mommy and I headed down for our annual summer vacation in Dayton at Gammy and Poppy's house last Tuesday. The week was filled with fun activities and we enjoyed spending time with Gammy and Poppy. While we were there we went to the splash pad (splash paddle is what I refer to it as) and park (twice), the farm, great-aunt Mickey's swimming pool, great-grandpa and great-grandma's house, and to feed the ducks! We did all of this in 2.5 days!!!! We had BEAUTIFUL weather which was another plus! Next summer on our vacation to Dayton, baby sister will be with us too!!!!!! :)

At the farm we saw: donkeys
horses (aka "neighs")
sheep
ducks
and cows.
The donkey, horse, sheep, and a goat too were taking a nap.
We also saw pigs who had just finished rolling around in the mud, apparently.

We also saw chickens and roosters through the window since their coupe was closed for the day.
My Gammy and me!
The farm also had a playground and pretend tractor that I enjoyed playing on!

One of my favorite things to do is feed ducks! When we arrived to the pond and the ducks spotted my bag of bread they came swimming!
Winding up!
Mommy called these 3 ducks "toddler ducks." She's so silly!
They just come right up to my feet!

I also helped Gammy water her tomato plants every day and we were able to pick a few red tomatoes too!

And I can't forget to mention how wonderful of a horsey Gammy can be!!! I had so much fun going on horse rides while we were visiting! :)

I also did foot exercises with Gammy. These exercises help Gammy's foot feel much better.
And since I'm 2 (you know), I found Poppy's ear phones, somewhere, and thought it was the funniest thing to put them on!!!
Oh, it's a WONDERFUL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: