Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gym Class!

I started gym class at My Gym in October....yes, October and mommy is just now getting around to taking a few pictures of me during class. Good thing too, because we only have a few weeks left before we take the Spring and Summer off. I love gym class, absolutely LOVE IT! It may be the best investment mommy and daddy have made for me so far. Gym class was one of the main things that got us through the Winter! THANK YOU GYM CLASS!!! I am surely going to miss class during our warm weather months but I will be preoccupied with the pool and park (oh, the joys of Summer) and will resume gym class again in the Fall.

We start off class by sitting in a circle, we sing a hello song, introduce ourselves (which by the way, I introduced myself all by myself for the first time on Friday, March 26! Though I've been able to say my name forever, I've been a little too shy to say it in front of everyone at gym class so mommy or daddy say it for me), and warm up/stretch. Then it's off to lots of free play time, an adventure that the teachers set up, and a few structured activities (ie. balancing on the beam or other fun contraptions the teachers set up, doing forward rolls, backward rolls, hanging from the bar, etc). Then we get to swing in some super fun swings. That is followed by "separation" time where the children play with all kinds of fun and different toys with the teachers while the parents step away and watch on. We then clean up the toys and end class with a fun puppet show or sometimes even bubbles and a bye-bye song! Now can you see why I love my gym class soooo much!?!?!

Enjoy the pictures of gym class!

Warming up and stretching.
Free play:




Balancing on the swinging mat (with my all time favorite teacher, Amber)!
More Free Play:



Swings:


No comments: