Thursday, March 25, 2010

Part 7: A Few Of My Other Favorite Things That I Can't Fail To Mention!

The Escalator: I love escalator's and when I saw the 4 in our hotel and the 2 across our hotel walkway to get to the other restaurants, I was ecstatic! We rode the escalator's daily, sometimes even more than once a day just depending on our schedule and plans that day and how much time we had.

The birds: I LOVED all of the birds I saw by the pool and beach and wanted so badly to touch them! I followed the birdies around and when they flew away I would say, "come back birdies" or if they flew up in the tree I would say, "come down here birdies!" The birdies often walked around under the pool chairs looking for food crumbs. I would crouch down and look under the chairs at them and follow them around. Mommy and daddy lost count of how many times I asked to touch the birdies. But mommy and daddy said the birdies were too fast and if we went to pet them they would fly away.



The Taxi and Shuttle Bus were also 2 of my favorites! Unfortunately we don't have pictures of either but I can tell you all about them! I'll start with the taxi. I rode in a taxi 5 times during our vacation! Each time, I spent most of the ride saying "whoa, taxi" and "beep, beep taxi" (those crazy taxi drivers). Every time I saw a taxi and wasn't in one, I wanted to go in it!

The Shuttle Bus, "oh, shuttle bus, oh shuttle bus....." Where to begin....Our hotel had a shuttle bus that took you to their sister resort, The Westin Golf Resort, about 1 mile away. We decided to eat dinner at The Golf Resort one evening so we hopped on the shuttle bus. Mommy and daddy had no idea what kind of obsession this was going to start. I thought the shuttle bus was the coolest thing I had ever seen/been in!!! Again, I spent most of the time saying "whoa shuttle bus" and "beep, beep shuttle bus!" We had the nicest shuttle bus driver who thought very much of me!!! When he picked us back up from dinner, he offered to drop us off at the ice cream store. We were stuffed from dinner so passed on his offer. However, the next night mommy and daddy thought I would enjoy going for another ride on the shuttle bus after dinner even if it was just to ride to The Golf Resort and back with no purpose. When the shuttle bus driver saw us again the next evening he was thrilled! We ended up being his only passengers heading to The Golf Resort and daddy felt like a little ice cream so we asked if he minded dropping us off. He didn't at all! He dropped us off by Cold Stone Creamery where we each got a little ice cream (including me...my first ice cream treat!) Then on his way back from The Golf Resort he picked us back up. We walked onto the shuttle bus only to be greeted by 2 other families that said, "so this is Noah who we've heard so much about" when we got on! I enjoyed my little dish of ice cream and my last ride on the shuttle bus so much!!! Ever since we have been home, I talk about/ask about the shuttle bus daily. I have even woken up in the middle of the night talking about the shuttle bus. Trying to get the shuttle bus out of my mind isn't easy especially since we live and drive by a hotel that has a shuttle bus in the parking lot every day. Mommy and daddy are going to try to get me a ride on that shuttle bus too...some how, some way!


Oh the little things that bring so much joy to a 2 year old and the things grown-ups sometimes take for granted or don't take the time to enjoy! This may have been one of mommy and daddy's favorite things about our vacation; watching me get so much enjoyment and have so much fun with all of the new experiences I had during vacation. Every waking second of our vacation my eyes were so lit up and I portrayed so much joy and happiness. I know my happiness is what is most important to my mommy and daddy and I hope they know how happy they make me by giving me an unimaginable amount of love, teaching me all kinds of new things, giving me the opportunity to experience new and different things whenever they can, and planning special things to do that they know I will enjoy! Our first family vacation was PERFECT in every way and the best part of all was the three of us being together for 9 days (216 hours) in a row!!!

No comments: