Monday, August 24, 2009

Off The Bottle at 16 months and 2 days!

I am officially off the bottle! For a while now, I have only been getting a bottle at night time. I get a sippy cup at nap time. I didn't mind the sippy cup at nap time at all but I did LOVE my night time bottle! After my bath, while mommy was getting my dressed in my pj's, I would whine and cry for my bottle...until mommy would finally give in and give it to me while she finished dressing me. As much as mommy knew she needed to take away my night time bottle she didn't want to because she knew how much I loved it and it still made me a baby (in mommies mind) if I still had my bottle. (I think I'll always be my mommies baby though no matter what age I really am)! :) But with each new day, mommy and daddy see how I am becoming such a big boy and my love for and attachment to my bottle only get stronger by the day so thus the night came. Last Friday night was my first night sans bottle!

I was a little confused when mommy handed me a sippy cup instead of my bottle. I took one sip, handed it back to her and stuck good 'ole trusty (a.k.a. my paci) back in my mouth. It took me a little longer to fall asleep that night as I layed in my crib talking to myself....wondering when mommy was going to bring me my bottle. But she never came with it, so I quietly gave up and went to sleep. Saturday night, I gave mommy another "look" when she handed my a sippy cup. I took a few more sips than the night before but kept paci close by so I could quickly make the switch when I decided to reject the sippy cup once again. Again, I layed in bed talking a little longer than usual before falling asleep. Sunday (night 3), I decide to accept the sippy cup! I drank every last drop and quietly fell asleep!

No comments: