Monday, October 13, 2008

My first veggie, YAMS!!!! YUM! YUM!

Saturday night I had my first vegetable, YAMS! Mommy is making my baby food for me so she had daddy pick up an organic Yam from the grocery store Friday. Mommy and I prepared my Yams Saturday afternoon and then I gave them a try a little later that evening. Not only did I try veggies for the first time, I also drank water and drank from a sippy cup for the first time too! That's three "firsts" all at one time! The water was even more of a shock then the yams were! When mommy handed me my sippy cup my eyes got really big and I got so excited...thinking "yay, milk!" I took a big gulp, realized that it was not my usual milk, opened my mouth and out came all of the water! :) I was such a big boy, I even held my cup all by myself! I was having so much fun with my sippy cup during dinner; chewing on the rubbery spout, holding it like a big boy, trying to spill it by turning it over and even chewing on the handles!
This is interesting....
It doesn't taste like milk....
Nope, definitely not milk...so I'll just open my mouth and spit it out.
This rubbery spout sure feels good on my gums though!
I'm trying to get a good look at this thing so I can figure out what it is.
I'm not so sure about it.....
Maybe there's milk in the handle...
Or maybe if I tip it over, milk will come out...
Shake, Shake, Shake!
Then I put the sippy cup aside for a little bit and decided to focus on the yams. They were scrumptious!!! They were so yummy, mommy couldn't feed them to me fast enough. They were also quite messy, they even ended up on the tip of my nose! I can't wait for the next veggie!
Yummy!
Finger licking good!
And messy!
It's even good, licking it off my bib!
Bailey's waiting for some droppings...he did get a little taste though by licking some off my face!










No comments: