Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Pee-Pee'd in the Potty!

After many, many months of practicing going pee-pee in the potty, I finally did it!!! By practicing, I mean sitting on my potty numerous times a day, sometimes fully clothed, sometimes with a diaper on, and sometimes without a diaper on but I never once put any pee-pee in the potty. My cousin, Addie, had spent the previous two days with me and I witnessed her going pee-pee in the potty multiple times. I also witnessed her receive a "special treat" after going in the potty and since Addie is such a good sharer she wanted me to have one of her "special treats" too! Friday morning, New Year's Day, Addie had to leave and after she had been gone for a little while, mommy needed to change my diaper. Typically, when mommy takes off my diaper, before she puts a dry one on, I will go and sit on my potty for a few minutes (and again, just sit there without putting anything in the potty)! This time was different, both mommy and daddy were in the bathroom with me while I was sitting on my potty. Mommy thought she'd see what happened if she offered me a "special treat" if I went pee-pee in the potty. Within, a few seconds, I did IT!!!!! I pee-pee'd in the potty. After mommy and daddy picked up there jaws off the floor, we all ran out into the kitchen to get me a "special treat"!!!!

I know I am no-where close to being potty trained but I am still sooooo proud of myself and mommy and daddy are so proud of me too!!!