Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SAND!!!

I ventured over to the sand for the first time at our Preston's Hope park. Every time we would go to the park mommy would try to keep me as far away from the sand as possible for two reasons 1) she didn't want me to get all sandy and then get my car seat and her car all sandy and 2) she thought I would try to eat the sand. My friend, the alligator, is right over by the sand so this time when I went to say hello to him and give him kisses, I decided to go check out that brown stuff that I had been secretly eyeing the past couple of visits. Mommy slipped my shoes off so I could jump right in. The sandbox at the park is called Dinosaur Dig and is probably one of the coolest sandboxes I will ever get to play in (other than that great big sandbox that is next to the ocean that mommy and daddy tell me they will take me to someday). There is a huge area of dinosaur fossils under the sand that you can dig for and the sandbox is full of toys! I had the best time digging with a shovel and squishing my little toys around in the sand!

I do have to say mommy was soooo proud of me...I played in the sand for close to 30 minutes without once putting any in my mouth.....well, until the very, very end when we were getting ready to go. I couldn't play in the sand for the first time and leave without tasting it, of course!!!

For those who haven't tasted sand before, take my word for it, it is YUCKY, GROSS, DISGUSTING!!! I was gagging so bad mommy seriously thought I was going to....well, you know. Fortunately, my sipping cup provided a little bit of relief once I got it all washed down.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are the toys there all the time in the sandbox? And people keep them there? Loved catching up on the blog tonight, especially since you are the only one writing on it right now :) I guess Addison can say Aunt Lori. I hope you are practicing with Noah:) Love ya! When will you be here again sice I don't get to cleveland much?