Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gammy and Poppy's visit the 4th of July!

Gammy and Poppy came to stay with us the 4th of July weekend! We were so excited for their arrival...we always miss them so, so, SO much when we are away from them so we are in heaven when we are all together! Gammy and Poppy arrived late Friday night and I was already in bed. Gammy was so excited to see me the next morning, she woke up around 6:30am thinking I would be up or be up very soon since that is usually the time I wake. Not that morning... I slept until 8! When I did finally wake up, Gammy couldn't wait to get her hands on me! We, of course, snuck in a few great photos!

Gammy, Poppy, and I
Me and MY Gammy! She's so silly!
And so beautiful!

And I just LOVE her SO!

Mommy took some cute photos of me on my bench and loved them all so couldn't decide which one I should include!





Saturday morning, we all ate breakfast and headed to the pond to feed the ducks. On our way to the ducks we drove down the street with the Fire, Police Station, and High School which was lined with people sitting in lawn chairs. We asked a friendly bi-stander what the special occasion was and he said "a parade". "A PARADE", we said! We were so excited! We got the details (ie. that it was to start in 30 minutes and to last an hour, followed by a festival)! Well, we weren't prepared to watch a parade but weren't going to miss the opportunity for me to see my 1st parade either so daddy got us all set. He gathered chairs, a stroller, and some lunch for me and set us up in a great spot to watch the parade!

To pass time while we waited for the parade to start, Poppy took me for a "tour" of the fire station. We saw lots of big, shiny, red fire trucks, some firemen uniforms, and a few friendly fire fighters!

This ladder truck was one of my favorites!

Then we played at the park for a little bit.
I went down the slide...

While Bailey found some shade.

Then I swung until it was time....
For my 1st PARADE!
Which started with an old fashion fire truck carrying many happy children...

Followed by a great big ladder truck..with a really loud siren....
I was in awe....
And was showing Gammy all of the neat things I was seeing!
Next came the ambulance...
Which deserved some clapping....
And more clapping!
Then a clown rode a funny looking bicycle right by me!

Which, of course, deserved another clap...
or two...
or three!
I was also enjoying my first corn-dog (thanks Poppy) while watching the parade! YUMMY!
I also saw some cheerleaders...
And wanted to get up and dance with them!
Gammy and I were trying to catch some candy too!
And I saw pony's!
All of us (minus mommy since she was taking the picture) watching the parade!
The parade sure did tire me out. We went home and I took a restful nap so I would have plenty of energy for more activities later that day.
Since we didn't make it to the duck pond earlier in the day, we went in the afternoon. Feeding the ducks (and quacking like a duck) are some of my new favorite things!
Gammy and I feeding the ducks.

I laugh every time the duck eats the piece of bread I drop!
They were hungry ducks that afternoon.

Sunday we went back to the park for some more fun!
Gammy was trying to help me get strong like my daddy!

Then I crawled through the tunnel...

Rocked on the pelican...

And Teeter-tottered!
MY Poppy!

We finised the park visit with a run around the bases on the baseball field!


Sadly, the weekend went by way too fast and it was time to say good-bye to Gammy and Poppy until next time. Thanks for the wonderful visit Gams and Pop! I miss you and love you and can't wait to see you again soon!! XOXOXO

No comments: