Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Big people food!!!

Just because I still don't have ANY teeth yet (yes, I am almost 10 months and still no teeth...not even a sign that one wants to start poking through...other than loving to chew on my fingers, mommy and daddy's fingers and their noses and cheeks and chins and anything else I can get a good latch onto) doesn't mean I am still limited to only puree's! I have been eating cut up banana for awhile now and my puffs (of course) and recently I have shown signs that I would much rather pick up my food and feed myself than be fed by mommy and a spoon! Mommy confirmed with my doctor that even though I don't have teeth to help me chew food, my gums are just about as hard as teeth are and will do just as good of a job as teeth would do! YAY!!!! So what did mommy and I immediately do?!?!? We made our list, went to the grocery, and bought all kinds of things for me to eat that I can pick up with my own wittle fingers! We bought cheese slices, canned fruit cocktail, green beans, peas, mixed veggies, edamame, mac and cheese, cheerios, Ritz crackers, etc! YUUUMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Though I always have a tray full of food to feed myself I still let mommy get in a couple spoonfuls of my purees and cereal...she's really good at sneaking them in when I am concentrating so hard on getting the sweet little morsels (yes, that includes green beans and peas too) off my tray and in my sweet little fingers!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where the hec did you get that crazy bib? I like it.

Mommy and her munchkins said...

Oh good, I'm glad you have started him on that food. How is he doing with it? I bet he loves it! Another pasta that Addison likes and it's easier to pick up than Mac is Radiatore (I think that's how it's spelled.) We can give some to Noah this weekend to see if he can eat it. Oh, and buy some mini frozen waffles - he'll probably like those. And apple butter toast he is bound to like! The Apple butter will make it soggy enough for him to eat.