Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Lights and Santa!!!

While we were visiting Gammy and Poppy, we went to go see Christmas lights and Santa. The lights were beautiful, the air was a bit chilly, Santa Clause was SO NICE AND JOLLY, we saw the friendliest penguin ever (it was Victor, one of my Gammy's co-workers), we met a couple firemen who let me where their helmet, we went on a horse drawn wagon ride and even a train ride! I have to make special mention of my experience with Santa. I have met Santa before but this experience was much different than previously. In the past, I was really only comfortable looking at Santa from a distance. This year, when I went to meet Santa he had a very nice conversation with me before even suggesting I come sit on his lap. I kept some space between me and Santa while we spoke about what exactly I wanted him to bring me this year (ie. scissors, a big boy bed, mickey mouse, oh, and mickey's little piano that he plays on his cartoon). After I warmed up to Santa, I somewhat gladly sat on his lap (as long as Gammy held my hand). After I hopped off Santa's lap and said my ever so polite good-bye's Santa handed me a yummy green sucker!!! As we discussed, I will be leaving Santa "cooked" chocolate chip cookies on Christmas Eve (not "frozen" one's). Hmmmm.....I wonder why I asked Santa if he likes his cookies cooked or frozen?!?! :)












No comments: