Monday, March 16, 2009

One word-PRECIOUS!

Mommy, very quietly, captured one of the most peaceful moments of my days...nap time! I was actually taking a longer nap than usual so mommy came up to check on me. Mommy typically doesn't step foot near my nursery, let alone, in it while I am napping so not to disturb this much needed rest. After she tip-toed into my nursery and across the room to take a peak, what she saw melted her heart! Doesn't it melt yours too?!?! :) She quickly and QUIETLY scurried downstairs to get her camera....pushed a few buttons to mute the camera, took a few practice shots on Bailey and crept back in to capture this moment so it will never be forgotten. Thank goodness for cameras!!!

Don't I look so comfy, curled up in a ball, snug in the corner of my crib, laying on one of my favorite blankies with my paci's just an arm's length away!??!

By the way, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you, my blankie that day was pink and yes, mommy may not be the best at doing laundry and has turned a few white things pink in her day but this blankie isn't one of those "woopsies." My cousin, Addison, actually let me borrow this blanket when she was done with it. Aunt Kristi used something called The Miracle blanket to swaddle Addison and she got me one too when I was born. Then when Addison was done with her Miracle blankets, Aunt Kristi gave the two she had to mommy to use so we could have more than one. I loved being swaddled so much, I didn't care if it was in a pink blanket sometimes (when the blue one and white one were getting washed)! Well, I spent the first 8 1/2 months of my life swaddled in these Miracle blankets so have become quite close to them. Though mommy doesn't swaddle me anymore, I still like to cuddle with my Miracle blanket when I sleep and during this nap, it happened to be the pink one that I got cozy with!!! :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!

MiracleBlanket said...

Hello, please pardon the intrusion. I’m Mike Gatte... Hello, please pardon the intrusion. I’m Mike Gatten, inventor of Miracle Blanket. Your blog was brought to my attention because of your mention of the Miracle Blanket. I can’t thank you and others enough for helping us spread the word because people just don’t believe us when we tell them it might be “this easy.” That's why word-of-mouth has been the biggest source of growth for us since day one.

To show our gratitude I'd like to send you a free Miracle Blanket. If you don’t need it for yourself you might give it as a gift or maybe a giveaway on your blog.

Please contact Susan in Marketing and let her know what color you would like.

Susan@MiracleBlanket.com or (214) 675.0539.

And again, thank you very much.

Mike

Mommy and her munchkins said...

Hey Mr. Miracle Blanket man, I think that blanket should be going to me since a) I introduced my sister and many others to your blanket and b) that pink blanket in the crib is ours. Maybe my sister will be nice enough to, upon returning our blankets that they've used for a year and are surely not in original condition, provide us with the new one. That would be the "right" thing to do, anyway. :)