Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My First Baseball Game - The Dayton Dragons!

On Sunday we had big plans to take me to my very first baseball game!!! We were going to the Dayton Dragons and the game was at 4:00. This allowed time to stop for a quick ice cream cone. Poppy has been promising me he would take me for an ice cream cone since I have been doing so well with going poopy on the potty! We stopped at UDF (Gammy's silly choice) and I got a huge scoop of rainbow sherbet in a cake cone. As soon as the ice cream cone hit my tiny hands, I dug right in! There's no licking here, I just take bites!!! :) I enjoyed my ice cream cone very much and it was the perfect treat and reward on such a hot day! Thanks Gammy and Poppy!





Then we arrived at the ballpark!!! To our surprise, the big ladder fire truck was there for the game too! We stopped for a few photos on the big baseball, visited the big fire truck where I received my own fireman's hat and then headed in for the game!





Once inside the ballpark, you could just feel the excitement in the air! We found our seats and enjoyed a little of the game before we got up to walk around. I cheered on the ball players, watched all of the other fun activities going on down on the field (which included contests with kids, dogs catching Frisbees, and the Dragon's mascots, Heater and Gem, dancing), and did a little "chair dancing" to the music! We walked around the stadium, got a few pictures with Heater and Gem, took a few more family photos, and went in the gift shop where I picked out a Dragon's ball cap! Then we headed back to our seats to watch some more of the game! Thanks Gammy and Poppy for taking me to the game and everything else!!!!!!! I had such a great time visiting! I miss you terribly and love you sooooooo much!


There's Gem and Heater! I wanted to go meet them so bad but you will see how I reacted when I finally got to meet them!

Doing a little bit of "chair dancing" as Gammy and Poppy call it!
More chair dancing.
And more! (I am so funny how I move my hands when I dance)!
Watching the game with mommy and daddy and sporting my new hat (I like to wear it just like daddy)!

Hi Heater. Bye Heater. Daddy you keep me way over here okay? I don't want to get too close.
Ummmm, Gammy..you are holding me on the wrong side! I am waaayyy too close!
Yay, Dragon's!
My Gammy and Poppy!
And my mommy and daddy! Thanks Gammy and Poppy for taking me to the game and everything else!!!!!!! I had such a great time visiting! I miss you terribly and love you sooooooo much!

No comments: