Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Fun Summer Weekend in Dayton!

It seems to be a common theme.....every time we go to Dayton to visit Gammy and Poppy we always say we had the best weekend or extended weekend or week! Well, once again, we had the best extended weekend visit!!!! Mommy, Bailey and I arrived Friday late afternoon (daddy arrived later so he didn't have to take time off work). I was soooo excited to see Gammy and Poppy, I could hardly control myself. We had a nice time visiting Friday evening and I woke to a busy, fun-filled day planned for me on Saturday. Saturday we went to the splash pad park (that's not it's official name by any means). But that's what it is; a splash pad with a park 15 feet away. I had a great time playing in the water and even got accidentally dumped on by a huge bucket way overhead that I must not have realized I was standing directly under....whoops! I switched between the splash pad and playing at the park where I went down the rolly slide, swung on the swings, bounced on the bridge, went through the tunnel, and drove the steering wheels (or drivers, as I call them). Mommy loves, loves, loves this park almost as much as Preston's Hope but not quite for the main reason that there is a variety to do with having the park and splash pad all at the same place.

Do I dare run through the water!?!
Maybe I'm better off just staying on the outskirts filling up my watering can.
So where's the button that makes the water come out?!?!?
Hanging out at the park with MY GAMMY!
Wheeee!!!
Swinging with dada!
Saturday afternoon, after nap, we went to Gammy and Poppy's pool (aka the Kettering Rec Center pool). This pool is very fun but very, very crowded. It's like a zoo every time we go but instead of a ton of animals there are a ton of people. The pool has a huge sand area, a playground, multiple pools (I think 4 or so) and a few water slides.
Playing in the sand while it's rest break.



Riding the seal and so excited about it's fountain!
Curious as to what happens if I put my hands over the fountain.
And there's the water again!
Going down the water slide ALL BY MYSELF!
WHOOPS, I went under!!!!!!!!
After mommy pulled me up from under the water and I gave her the look like "whoa, that wasn't suppose to happen, right?!?" I quickly recovered and was ready to go down again, with Gammy this time!
Here we go!
This is more like it!
And preparing for the big splash!!!
Between all of the fun, I managed to find time to help Poppy do a little bit of yard work too! Poppy says I'm his big helper!

No comments: