Thursday, December 10, 2009

My 1st Home Depot Workshop!

The first Saturday of every month, Home Depot hosts a free kids workshop for a few hours in the morning. Mommy and I were in Home Depot Friday picking up a few things and it popped in her mind that someone had told her about this awhile back. She thought about what the date was and the next day, Saturday, just so happened to be the first Saturday of December. We were in luck!!!! After Gym Class on Saturday, we headed to my first workshop! When you arrive, you receive a little orange apron and a kit of whatever you are making that day! Then you head over to your table which is already stocked with all of the tools needed and sit on a big orange bucket! In this particular workshop, we built a toy wagon! I was the youngest little guy there but with da-da's help, I created a very neat (and sturdy) wagon!

I even got a pin (with a wagon on it) to put on my apron after I completed my wagon!

Getting to work!
After a few pieces of wood,
ALOT of glue,
A little "bang, bang,"
MORE glue,
I did say ALOT of glue, right?!?!
A walk around the table to see if anyone else needed some glue, of course),
I had my own hand-made toy wagon!
Ooooohhhh, Aaaahhhh!
Proud daddy!
But I wasn't done yet. I had to decorate it with a few festive stickers!

No comments: