Monday, April 4, 2011

A Rough Couple of Weeks With a Bout of Illness

Just about 1 week after we were at the pediatrician, for a well visit, where the pediatrician had asked how our winter how been with illness and mommy had happily replied, GREAT, we were hit and hit hard! Did mommy jinx us or are the virus's just running rampid now?!?! Faith and I came down with the same horrible cough and cold at almost the exact same moment. One Friday afternoon, we both coughed within minutes of each other and within 24 hours we were both down. It was almost a week of coughing (ALOT) and a little more than a week of other cold-like symptoms. It included another visit back to the pediatrician and breathing treatments for both of us. NOT FUN! :( My poor baby, Faith, and I were completely miserable.
Not long after we got sick, mommy started to show similar symptoms. Mommy coughed and coughed and coughed for a good 3 or 4 nights in a row, ran a fever, and blew her nose more than she ever remembered having to before. Mommy was pretty miserable to but maybe she would take the cough and runny nose any day over 1 fractured and 2 displaced ribs. Yes, mommy's ribs are "broken" and she is COMPLETELY MISERABLE. Poor mommy is suppose to be taking it easy but that's pretty much next to impossible when there is a (almost) 3 year old and (almost) 8 month old to take care of. We are all just hoping mommy's ribs found a way to heal QUICKLY without the luxury of "taking it easy."


And wouldn't you know it, just a week after I got better from my cough and cold, I came down with a 103 temperature and a really red, swollen throat. I didn't want anything to do with food and sleeping wasn't the easiest either because my throat hurt so bad and my fever didn't help me be comfortable either. Ugh! Well we hope the Sobel house is free from virus and any other sicknesses for quite awhile. We feel we have had our fare share and honestly, I'm not sure how much more my momma can handle. We are really wishing you would come soon/like tomorrow spring. And mommy says next year, if you haven't come to use by April 1, we are going to come find you!!!!

No comments: